ft n : a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall" [syn: foot]
Usage notesAs this abbreviation only eliminates the use of two characters, the full word, Fort, is generally preferred. It is also never appropriate to use this abbreviation in body text in any form. The same applies to Mt for Mount, So for South, and No for North. Use of Ft is only appropriate when space necessitates.
Ft or ft. may mean:
- Foot (length), a unit of distance or length.
- Hungarian forint, the currency of Hungary.
- Fort, a fortified place, especially in place names.
- "featuring", a recording industry term used to credit a musician who is not the main artist for their performance on a song.
- fischertechnik, a brand of construction toy.
- ".ft", the filename extension of Lotus Notes full type indexes.
ft in Vietnamese: Ft